Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Monkey Around with Math for March

I loved math when I went to school and always had great math teachers. I have spent most of my time creating ELA materials although I do have one 1st Grade math packet filled with 10 math centers to help your students become fluent with their addition and subtraction math facts from 1-20. There is one game to review all their facts for addition and subtraction from 1-10 and then 10 games which are color coded to practice the addition and subtraction for the numbers 11-20. Here is the game board for all the games.
Here is a sample of the monkey and banana cards- You don't want to turn over a banana card!!Here is a sample of the playing 11 fact cards.
Of course your students will love to win the Top Banana Award!
If you'd like to check it out and see all the materials included in this 114 page packet, just click on the picture below. I have put it on sale until March 24th when I return from my vacation.

Last year I wrote some math problem freebies for March. They are some of the first products I put in my store and they are still free and great for Grades 1-2. They are aligned with the Math CCSS. Since I love to write stories and books I really enjoyed writing word problems. You can download your free March ones by clicking on each picture below. 


So do you think I should keep writing word problems? Hope you'll leave me  your thoughts.
Thanks for all you do to make a difference for your students.


1 comment:

  1. Arlene, I have some children in my class who LOVE monkeys. What a cute idea! I like how you include banana cards in the game. If you have a second, I would love it if you came over to my blog. I have some cute spring freebies.

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    Teaching with Sight

    ReplyDelete