Friday, April 17, 2015

Leaping with Frog and Toad ELA Free Activities

A few years ago my granddaughter and I found a frog in my back yard. She really wanted to catch it and she finally did. She was so excited and looked so intently at it as you can see in the picture below. Of course we let it go, but she always asks if we can look for more frogs when spring rolls around. Children are fascinated with them.
I wrote an "Ode to a Frog" a few years ago and have revised it. Most of you who read my blog know that I love writing poetry and I love making freebies for my followers and viewers. If you would like to download this free poem and writing activity just click on the image below.
 If you are looking for more Spring Poetry Activities you can check-out my Spring Poetry Packet by clicking on the image below.
When I worked with my ESL and Struggling Readers I also started my units with a Shared Reading. Many times I would read a Non-fiction Book and a Fiction book and then have them compare and contrast the 2 books. Most classrooms have the Arnold Lobel, Frog and Toad books like the one below. Although they are fictional characters, there are some things about each that can be true. So why not read a Non-Fiction book like "Frog and Toad" by Melissa Stewart and have your students compare and contrast fictional frogs and toads with real frogs and toads. You can find each book by clicking on the images below.

You may also like my "Frogs and Toads" Packet which you can check-out by clicking on the image below. Just download the Preview file to see sample pages of all the reading, writing, and other activities in this unit.
I would love to have you follow me on Pinterest. You can check out all my educational boards by clicking HERE. 


Thanks for all you do to make a difference for your students.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin Teaching Blog Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment