Monday, March 23, 2020

Helping Teachers and Parents during School Closures with Freebies


This is my first blog post in almost 4 years. I am now 71 years old and social distancing from my family and friends. It is a scary time but I wanted to do something to help out parents and teachers whose children who are out of school for an indefinite period of time. Since this in Women's History Month I have lots of free resources listed below. I hope those who read it will share it with as many friends and teachers you know. Most of the materials below are for grades 2 to 4.
In the U.S. March has been designated by Congress as "National Women in History Month." It also coincides with International Women's Day which is celebrated on March 8th in countries around the world. Although women have contributed much to our country's history most schools didn't start focusing on the achievements and contributions of women pioneers until recently. I have put together some wonderful free resources and activities that you can access for ideas and lessons to use in your own classroom during March.

If you are looking for some wonderful books and biographies about women to use during March you will want to check out the ones below. Just click on the image to read summaries of each book.
I found some great free resources at Scholastic which you can check out by clicking on the image below. You will find lots of information about Women's History Month as well as Books, Interactive Histories of Women Pioneers, Biographies, and Classroom Activities and Projects. All grade levels are included.

At NEA you will find lessons and activities for grades K-12 which you can access by clicking on the image below.
You can also check out the many lesson plans at Education world by clicking on the image below.
For Grades 3-12 you might be interested in checking out ReadWriteThink.

 Below is the last product I created before leaving the cyber world to get involved in my community and meet other senior citizens. I have made it free. You will find poems, biographies, and fact cards about 11 incredible women in history. Just download the preview file to see sample pages of all the differentiated reading texts, poems, fact cards, and writing activities that are included in the unit. I would love to continue giving away products so please leave me a comment below or on TpT. 
Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest.
Thanks for all you do to make a difference for your students.
                            Please stay well and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment