Sunday, June 15, 2014

Poetry Matters: Connecting Poetry and Punctuation

 I found that when I used chants to teach, my students would be chanting all day. It's like a catching tune or song that you can't get out of your head. I wrote a fun chant, "Where's the Teacher?" which has lots of different types of sentences and said, "Ah Ha"- I can connect punctuation and poetry. This is just one of the many poems, chants, Mini book "Fall Leaves" and activities as well as a fun fall play "How Will  I Know When it is Fall" you will find in my all new and revised  "September Poetry, Chants, Fall play and Activities"  packet. There are also fun Back to School poems to teach during the 1st few weeks of school. You can check it out by clicking on the picture below and downloading the Preview file to see all the materials and Activities in this packet.

After I wrote this chant I realized that it would be a great way to practice punctuation. (CCSS ELA for 1st and 2nd grade). So I decided to offer this free poem and punctuation activity to my wonderful followers. Just click on the poem "Where's the Teacher?" " to download your free poem. Graphics are by Dillydabbles.



Here are a few new Pinterest Boards to follow.
Check out all my new Pinterest Boards HERE

Freebie Fridays

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
                                                     
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow me on Pinterest

 Thanks for making a difference for your students.






What are some other ways you can use this chant?

No comments:

Post a Comment