Wednesday, March 6, 2013

St. Patrick's Day: Free Resources, Books, and Activities



I can tell you that today I didn't have the luck of the Irish. Unfortunately all my blog pictures are gone forever and somehow I will try over the next month to redo all my posts and add the pictures back. I hope you will bare with me.Hopefully you won't have any problems viewing these.

I've put together some great resources for St. Patrick's Day and always like to start with great books. I have to say that my favorite book is "Jamie O'Rourke and the Big Potato". If you click on the picture below you will see a great list to chose from.
Of course there is always Scholastic that has all your st. Patrick's Day need that you can access by clicking on the picture below. There are lots of materials for all elementary grades to be found.

For those of you looking for some great crafts to make with your students, games and history about St. Patrick's Day and fun facts, you should visit Kid Connect by clicking on the picture below.
For those just looking for fun crafts to make then click on the one below to get complete instructions.
Did you know that March is Irish-American Heritage Month? I revised my St. Patrick's Day Unit to include reading and writing activities about Ireland and it's national symbols. I've included my own Shared Reading Book, Picture/Fact  Reading Cards about Irish-Americans and Ireland's National Symbols, 2 Reading Texts and Comprehension Questions about Ireland and St. Patrick's Day at the 2nd and 3rd Grade levels and Map Activities and a Subject Poem about Leprechauns. Students will write a Country Report about Ireland, A Persuasive letter to a Leprechaun and a Subject poem about Ireland. There are also 4 writing prompts to include Informative text and Opinion Pieces.If you download the Preview File you will get a free activity.
Just click on the picture below to see all the materials in the unit and get a free activity.

I also have a freebie for all my wonderful followers and viewers. I had a lot of great feedback from my Presidents Day Noun Sort so I made one to go with my Celebrating Ireland and St. Patrick's Day. You can download your freebie by clicking on the picture below.

Hope you all have the luck of the Irish and find some fun free resources for you to use with your students.
Thanks for all you do to make a difference for your students.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

1 comment:

  1. I also LOVE Jamie O'Rourke and the Big Potato! Reading all of these St. Patrick's Day post makes me almost wish that I wasn't on break during my favorite green holiday. :/

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac
    Bear in Mind Blog Design

    ReplyDelete