Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mother's Day Free Resources and Activities

I love Mother's Day. I will get to spend the day with my children and all my grand children!!! There are so many wonderful resources on the internet where you can access great crafts to make, printables, books to read for Read Aloud, Writing Prompts, and more. I found several that I wanted to share with all of you.

When I taught in Alaska this was my favorite Mother's Day book. I bought one for each of my grand kids. Wouldn't it be fun to read it to your students and have them learn Alaskan native words and a little about their culture. You can access this and other Mother's Day books by clicking on the picture below.
If you are teaching K-2 you might want to check out some of these interesting craft ideas. I loved this Tulip one where students can put a picture of themselves in the middle. If you click on the picture below you can download the tulip craftivity and directions.
 
You can also find great craft ideas, poems and printable at apples4Teachers and DLTK
You can also check-out my free K-1 resources and activities by clicking on the image below.

Looking for a new twist on teaching about Mother's Day? Check out Educationworld.com by clicking HERE. You will find 5 lessons plans!

I decided to create something different for Mother's Day this year. I created a Mother's Day unit for Grades 2-3 called, Mother's Day Traditions Around the World.  Students will learn about how Mother's Day is celebrated in 6 different countries as well as the U.S through Reading Texts, Writing Activities, Poetry and Center Activities. You can check it out by clicking on the picture below and download the Preview file to see sample pages of  all the materials and activities in the packet. I learned a lot while I was doing research for this unit. This product has been revised and edited on May 1, 2014. If you purchased the original product you can go to your purchase page and download this revised one.
If you are looking for some great writing prompts for Mother's Day, I have a free packet of 4 Writing Prompts: It includes 2 Informational Texts and 2 Opinion Piece Writing Prompts.
Just click on the picture below to download your freebie. I hope you will leave some wonderful feedback!
I hope you find some great activities to include in your class Mother's Day celebrations. Don't forget to check-out my new Pinterest boards by clicking HERE. Would love to have you follow me!

Thanks for all you do to make a difference for your students. I hope you will pin this post so that others can find some great free resources.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Freebie Fridays
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday


8 comments:

  1. What nice ideas for Mother's Day! I especially love the tulip. Thanks for sharing!

    Angela
    The Teacher's Desk 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Mother's day prompts. Planning to use these next week. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for putting this collection together. How cute is that tulip idea :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet little flower with the hidden pic :) Thanks for the free resources.

    ~ Kimberlee ~
    iTeach 5th

    ReplyDelete
  5. My class loves all of your cultural ideas (St. Patricks Day, Christmas Around the World, etc). They will be excited to learn more about Mother's Day, too! Thanks, also, for the list of ideas - this is great!
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing wonderful Mother's Day materials. I really like the writing prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing these great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sweet poems, Arlene.Thanks for sharing this one for Mothers Day!
    Have a great weekend!
    Linda at Primary Inspiration

    ReplyDelete