Saturday, August 2, 2014

September Holidays: Free Resources, Poems, Plays, and Activities

I love September! There are so many wonderful holidays and my favorite season, Fall begins. So I've put together some great free resources and activities for you.

First of all there is Labor Day which is celebrated on the 1st Monday in September. It is a great time to talk about the different jobs that people do. You can find some great free resources about Labor Day at
 Apples4theTeacher including some free printable stories and thematic books about workers. You can find more free resources at Education World which would be great for grades 2-5.

Grandparents Day which is celebrated on the Sunday following Labor Day is a special day for children and their grandparents. Many teachers in the younger grades invite grandparents to their classrooms. I found this great website with a fun song at National Grandparents Day.com You will also find other teacher resources and free lesson plans. If you are looking for some fun crafts to make then you will want to visit dltk.

For those of you who want free resources about September 11th you may want to check out these at TeacherHub. For younger students you may want to do a lesson about Heroes. I also have a Heroes unit which you might like to check out which is for Grades K-2. It has been revised and updated and includes a S'more Hero Book that students can make.

September 17th is Constitution Day. Many 2nd and 3rd graders learn about the constitution. I found a website that offers teaching units about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights which you can access by clicking hereYou can also find free resources at Scholastic and apples4the teacher. You may also want to check out my "Hooray for Constitution Day" which was my best seller in 2012. It is revised and updated so if you had purchased the original please be sure to download the latest revision.

Of course fall begins in September although it may still feel like summer in many places in the Unites States. It is my favorite season of the year. I have not only written a few Fall Poems but a fun Fall Play called "How Will I Know When It Is Fall?" There are character cards for students to wear as they act out their parts. Some teachers used the play as Readers Theater. There are poems about School, Labor Day, Grandparents Day, Fall, and more. You can see all of these poems and activities in my new and revised September Poetry Unit by clicking on the picture below. There is a free poem when you download the Preview file!


Thanks for all you do to make a difference for your students. I hope you have a wonderful start to the new school year.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




Freebie Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment